Media Release Friday September 23rd, 2016 Booze And Brawls Keep Us Busy Over Weekend The nice weather and excitement over a perfect Fair weekend led to a busy weekend for us, as police responded to 119 calls for service since Friday. A number of the calls were alcohol related or fights that were fueled […]
Media Release Friday September 23rd, 2016 Dispute Over Money Leads To Charges A 19 year-old Lindsay man has been arrested and detained in custody after he got in a dispute with a friend over money. Kawartha Lakes Police were contacted on Wednesday September 21st, 2016 by a man who reported that he had been […]
Media Release Wednesday September 21st, 2016 2 Men Charged After Downtown Disturbance A Lindsay man and a man from Mildmay, Ontario have both been charged after police responded to a disturbance call in downtown Lindsay on Tuesday. Kawartha Lakes Police were contacted at 9:17 am on Tuesday September 20th, 2016 regarding two men fighting […]
As of January 1, 2016, drivers – including cyclists – must stop and yield the whole roadway at pedestrian crossovers, school crossings and other locations where there is a crossing guard. These new rules do not apply to pedestrian crosswalks at intersections with stop signs or traffic signals, unless a school crossing guard is present. […]
Leading our community towards a safer tomorrow
We’ll lead our community in increasing its collective capacity to share responsibility for everyone’s safety, security and wellbeing.
- ● Protect human life as our highest priority;
- ● Be diligent in the pursuit of offenders to prevent, detect and suppress crime in our community;
- ● Be sensitive to the needs of victims of crime;
- ● Enhance quality of life through community empowerment;
- ● Earn our community’s trust through our demonstrated integrity;
- ● Guide our members through improvement, innovation and continuous learning.